SÅANA method online – foundations (200 hr)
Build the confidence to teach anywhere in the world. Learn to sequence unique classes that are both creative and smart.
The SÅANA method online – foundations program is designed to build your knowledge, teaching experience, and personal practice. Training will prepare you to teach SAANA’s signature classes – classic & flow – and challenge you to build off those class structures to explore movement and sequencing. From there, you’ll be able to harness your new-found knowledge and confidence to take your teaching anywhere.
Our online trainings are designed for those looking for the flexibility to design their studies around their own schedules. Training will equip you with the tools needed to sequence intelligently and creatively – and to teach and support your students effectively.
After the completion of SÅANA method online – foundations, you will receive your 200-hour YTT certification.
SÅANA method online foundations & SÅANA method blended foundations consist of the same curriculum content, offered in different formats
“The online format is not only accessible while working full time, it is an in depth learning experience. We were taught how to think, how to be, and how to find our own voice.
The team is available, compassionate and intelligent. I highly recommend this training”
– 2020 SÅANA Method Online Graduate
THE SÅANA METHOD ONLINE:
SÅANA method online – foundations: APPLICATIONS OPEN
Session Dates: May 3 – June 6, June 28 – August 1, 2021
SÅANA online takes the foundations of your personal practice – and combines it with workshops, group discussions, self-reflection, self-guided online study, and lots of practice teaching – to create an integrated online-studio, accessible at any time for our students.
The online-studio and self-guided ‘at-home’ format allows for more student choice and opportunities to self-pace online learning. It’s our belief that this freedom and encouragement towards self inquiry keeps students engaged with their own learning.
When you sign up for SÅANA method online, we will cover:
- The foundations of Yoga, including philosophy, history, and traditional asana’s
- Anatomy, movement assessment, & posture analysis concepts and movement assessment
- The art of teaching – finding your voice and leading others through movement
- Explore and practice creative & intelligent sequencing
- The structure and method for teaching a vinyasa classes – and develop the tools to design a unique class built off a base sequence
When you sign up for SÅANA online, you will receive:
- Online instruction and training – led by senior SÅANA faculty- through course workshops, discussions, and practice teaching. Personalized feedback on technique, approach, tone & language.
- Weekly online discussions & practice teaching ledy by SÅANA Faculty
- Unlimited access to online student portal for interactive discussion, resource sharing, and student collaboration
- Unlimited access to SÅANA Online studio throughout training dates
We offer sliding sclae tuition options – it’s the least we can do to make our training programs as accessible as possible.
We ask that applicants consider their finanical status and select the tuition rate that balances their financial needs and the knowledge & experience they will receive from training.
$2400 | supporter rate
While this has been a challengeing year, my employment status has nt been dramatically affected and my income remains regular. I am able to meet my basic needs
$1900 | sustainer rate
This has been a challenging year. My work has shifted with reduced hours or pay, but I remain emplyed in some capacity. While I may stress about my financies, I can usually meet my basic needs.
$1400 | community rate
This has been a hard year. My work status has changed and I have not been able to secure regular employment. I frequently worry about meeting my basic needs.
*tuition costs are subject to HST
If tuition costs remains inaccessible at this time, please email [email protected] for payment plan options
Scholarship Applications are now closed.
SÅANA reserves a minimum of one scholarship spot for students who identify as BIPOC/LGBTQIA for all training programs.
SÅANA method online-foundations trainings run over tw0 5-weeks periods, with a 2-week break in the middle.
Each training week will include the following:
- Pre-recorded video workshops which can be watched at your own convenience. All 5 workshops will be posted at the start of every week so you have the freedom to watch them when you’re free. Do 1 each day – or all together at one time.
- 1 live online discussion (via zoom) where we will gather to answer any questions that came up from the week’s workshops and projects. Calls will be recorded if you need to miss a week.
- 1 small-group breakout session to review workshops concepts, sequencing & teaching practice, and anatomy breakdowns. Breakout group work is done live – and scheduled by your group members to find a time that best suits the team.
- 1 full-group practice teaching session (via zoom). These sessions are done live.
- Weekly self-guided study and reflection based on weekly workshops and readings
Trainees should budget approximately 16 – 18 hours/week to course work and personal practice.
– – – – –
For the upcoming online foundations session,
Online ZOOM sessions, including group discussions & practice teaching will take place on the following:
Wednesday’s 7:30pm – 8:30pm | Saturday’s 9:00am – 10:30am.
Please ensure you will be available for the above times throughout the training month.
How much time should I expect to set aside for training each week?
SÅANA online training consists of online lectures, workshops, group work, practice teaching, self-guided online study, and online yoga classes. You will be able to complete the majority of these components on your own schedule – budget approximately 17 hours/week for your course work.
Are there pre-requisites for SÅANA Online Method Trainings?
For Level 1 – there is no pre-requisite. Anyone and everyone is welcome to apply. The level 1 training is designed for students looking to start their teaching journey – or simply to develop a deeper understanding of their own practice. No previous training or teaching experience required.
For Level 1 – Yes, applicants must have either:
- Completed (and graduated) from the SÅANA method online level 1 training. Or,
- Graduated a previous 200-hr YTT program and who are looking to continue their movement education and develop their understanding of posture assessment and sequencing.
What if I miss a lecture or discussion? Can I complete the training on my own schedule?
The majority of this training can be done on your own schedule – workshops are presented in video format – and much of the work can be completed as self study, and group work (for which you will have the freedom to set up these virtual group work sessions with your partners to what best suits your schedule).
This training also incorporates weekly practice teaching and discussions – make sure you are available for the Wednesday and Saturday time slots where the group will meet live via zoom (these sessions must be attended live. Graduation is contingent on attending all group discussions and classes).
Do I get to teach at SAANA After this training?
Level 1 is the first step towards your teaching journey. Combined, Levels 1&2 account for a traditional 200-hour YTT. Once you have completed levels 1 & 2, you will be able to set up an audition class with your home studio. Completing your training does not automatically guarantee you a teaching spot at your studio.
I don’t want to teach yoga – but I’m really interested in learning more about my practice. Can I take this course?
Yes! The information and experience gained from this training is a great opportunity to expand your own knowledge and deepen your practice!
How does the SÅANA method online line up with your in-studio trainings?
The information you receive in our online trainings and blended trainings are the same. Each will equip you with the tools needed to sequence intelligently and creatively – and to teach and support your students effectively. Our online trainings are designed for those looking for the flexibility to design their studies around their own schedules (especially great if you’re not based in the GTA).
Apply For SÅANA method online-foundations
For training inquiries contact t[email protected]
To graduate, you must attend all training days and pass the final exam. Graduation does not automatically guarantee you a teaching position at SÅANA.
All SÅANA teacher training program payments & deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Up to 14-days before training start date, in the case of an emergency (accompanying documentation required), a refund of 50% of the total training tuition, less the deposit, can be issued. Or, students can take a full credit to be applied towards a future training.