frequently asked questions
Do you have an intro offer?
When you begin your practice at SÅANA Yoga you are eligible for an introductory deal. To make you feel welcome and honoured, we offer an ntroductory special for 2 weeks of unlimited yoga classes for $40 + HST. See memberships page for more details.
What should I bring to class?
A yoga mat, two towels (one to put on your mat and one to shower or dry off after class), water, a lock to stash your belongings. You can rent, buy or borrow all of these items at the studio, as well! (Yoga mat: $2 rental, Towel: $2 rental, Water $2, lock: free to borrow)
What should I wear to class?
Lightweight, breathable clothing that gives you freedom to move. Shorts, leggings, tank tops, t-shirts all work. We also have showers (with eco-conscious soap, hairbands and hair dryers) for after class.
What should I eat before class?
Come to your mat hydrated! Avoid eating a meal for a few hours before. If you must eat, a piece of fruit is a good pre-class snack. Avoiding a lot of caffeine and caffeinated beverages before class is ideal. We have coconut water and electrolytes to boost to your in-class water situation, and our tap is always open for a water bottle refill.
Why is it so peaceful in the studio?
That is because we are proudly cell phone free! Our studio is a place for people to disconnect from their busy lives and enjoy peace and quiet. Please keep cell phones off and away in the lockers or change rooms at all times. We lend out locks for free at the front desk so let us know if you would like toborrow one. Please refrain from using your cell phone in the change rooms, practice room, front desk area and lounge.
How do I reserve a spot in class?
Classes do fill up, so RESERVE your spot on site or by using the app.
Anything else I should know?
Here are some pieces of etiquette that will help make your SÅANA experience most enjoyable:
- Please remove your shoes and store them on the shoe shelf as you enter.
- Turn off your cell phone as you enter the SÅANA. There are absolutely no cell phones or mobile devices permitted in the room during a class.
- Sign in at the front desk before proceeding to changing rooms.
- Please respect the silence in the room at all times. This is our chance to relax and take a break from our busy schedules.
- Be scent-free: no perfumes, colognes, or fragrances.
- Please leave bags and personal belonging in changing areas or lockers.
- Please leave the practice room as quietly and slowly as possible once you are ready to leave. Try to not disrupt the other students staying for a long Savasana.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class. Late comers might not be permitted.