The SÅANA Method: foundation
You have something to teach that no one else can offer. The SÅANA Method is a teacher training designed to give you a deep understanding of our signature approach to yoga and the collective wisdom of yogic tradition. Most of all, we want you to have access to your authentic voice. Once you complete this course, you will be qualified to teach yoga, your way. Take a deep breath and sit with that. Are you ready (or ready to be ready)?
SÅANA classic and SÅANA flow are the embodiments of our beliefs: move with soul and from the soul, stay grounded in thoughtful movement, breath deep and free. Our teachers all bring their own experience and spirit to the class, but we stay rooted to our principles. This commitment to our core beliefs and equal commitment to ourselves is what we hope to spark in you.
- Principles of teaching saana classic (our signature approach to Hatha) and saana flow (our signature approach to flow)
- Posture analysis
- Foundational Asana (rigorous understanding of core postures)
- Applied anatomy and anatomy of Pranayama
- Guided self-massage
- Moving well
- Pelvic floor and core deep dive
- The Art of Teaching (playing with rhythm, space, silence and language)
- The Business of Yoga (from the POV of an independent contractor/teacher and studio owner)
- Philosophy (What IS Yoga?)
- The science behind the MIND -BODY connection
- Smart Sequencing (building to a peak and employing meaningful themes)
- Practice, practice, practice! (The only way to learn. We will give you thoughtful feedback.)
- All of the above
- Holding Space
- Finding Your Truest Voice
After 15 years and a couple of lifetimes of collective teaching hours, we are still awash in gratitude for Yoga and how it has changed our lives. We believe in the powerful methodology that has been honed at SÅANA. We all have our own stories and we tell ours in the studio: with our words, our tone, our movement and our breath. We can’t wait to hear your story and help you tell it with grace.
SÅANA Method Foundation Faculty:
Toronto (exact location TBC)
DATES + TIME
200hr will begin with a 9-day intensive at the end of August 2020 and continue with 6 selected weekends throughout the fall/winter 2020.
August 29th-September 6th 9-5pm
September 18-20, October 2-4 October 16-18, October 30-November 1, November 13-15, November 27-29
*Weekends will be 6-9p Fridays, 10-5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Regular price $4000*
Early Bird $3500* before April 15th
$500 Non-Refundable Deposit —Payments Due June 1st
*One-year membership to SÅANA Yoga studios is included in cost.
**Graduation is weighted on attendance rather than exam writing abilities. This training is designed to inspire you to find your own voice in your teaching style.
***Graduating does not automatically guarantee you a teaching job